The Roscoe! Report

Ball don't lie.

Friday, December 02, 2005

They're not booing, they're saying Bruce

It's town full of losers
And I'm pulling out of here to win

LB didn't "pull out of here" to win. And without a doubt, the majority of the Palace will be booing, not saying Bruce. (Or, gasp!, politely applauding.) Either way, Pound for Pound returns tonite, and I certainly have mixed emotions. This leaves Palace-goers with a question: To boo or not to boo?

On the one hand, LB led the Pistons to a NBA Championship (and almost two) in his only two years. That atleast earned him some of our collective respect, right?

On the other hand, there certainly was a sour taste left in our mouth after he left. (Or got fired, the story LB sticks too, which isn't helping his case. He forced Joe D and Billy Davidson to fire him. He got his dream job out of this. Don't be bitter Larry, we're not trying to.) He
was certainly a distraction during the playoffs last year. He refused to use the bench. He screwed with Darko's head so much, we'll probably never get to see what he truly could have been. It was a good relationship, overall, but the break up was bad.
I'm personally choosing the Jennifer Aniston approach. I'm going to be the bigger man about this. If I was in attendance, I would applaud LB politely and boo the rest of the Knicks. LB gets a temporary pass. We all need to heal. (Paranthetical note: Allen Iverson is the only man who has an all time booing pass from me. I will never boo him.) GQ's man of the year, you're quite the example.

Note: I can't believe I went through this LB post without this picture, so here it is. I had always secretly hoped that he would wear this sweater when the Pistons wore their thunderbolt throwbacks. Sadly, it was not to be.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home